Say what you will about 2016, but here at Veoci, we are celebrating a year of growth and success. We have surpassed 100 customers and we closed the year with a 95% growth. As our customer base expands, so does our diverse team as we gained along with new people, new and unique expertise to aid in the development of exciting use cases. Our diversity is a source of pride for Veoci and the State of Connecticut recognized that, granting us a Connecticut Diversity Certificate. Our New Haven office is bustling with excitement as another year is sure to bring more opportunities for growth and positive change for both our team and organizations who are looking to make 2017 a more safe and proactive year.
Veoci is proud to team up with any organization that finds our platform to be a good fit for their needs and responsibilities, big or small. 2016 has been a year of shaking hands, building relationships and pioneering amazing solutions and with each new sale, the team feels a new burst of motivation to keep going and keep growing.
- Texas Department of Transportation – The Texas Department of Transportation will use Veoci primarily to prepare, respond to and recover from hurricanes along the coast and ice storms in northern Texas by assigning tasks, initiating resource requests, and tracking roadway incidents. They have a population of 12,500 whom could be active in Veoci at any time.
- City of Des Plaines – Our first municipal purchase in the Chicago metro area. Veoci is well underway in breaking into major cities, but with our Regional Director for the Midwest being a Chicago native, and a diehard Cubs fan of course, this deal was a home run.
- Celanese Corporation – Celanese is a Fortune 500 chemical and materials company with 35 plants around the world. Celanese’s Environmental, Health and Safety group purchased Veoci for incident management coordination and communication for their headquarters in Irving, Texas, as well as their international manufacturing facilities, and for notification for the company’s 7,500 employees.
- MidAmerican Energy – MidAmerican Energy is an energy company based in Des Moines, Iowa, servicing almost two-thirds of Iowa, as well as portions of Illinois, South Dakota, and Nebraska. MidAmerican will use Veoci to manage emergencies and run drills in preparation for emergencies.
- University of Central Florida – What’s even cooler than UCF signing with Veoci is that they jumped into action and began using Veoci to respond to Hurricane Matthew, just days after purchasing. UCF utilized Veoci for real-time messaging, tracking of campus statuses, and information sharing as they kept people up to date on weather forecasts while pulling in NOAA prediction data into Veoci. Stay tuned for a webinar with UCF in the coming months!
- Claremont Consortium – Claremont Colleges will use Veoci to unify and facilitate communication between all 7 campuses by logging and mapping events and incidents, creating automatic reminders and updates, managing crucial assets, creating customized contact lists for check-in calls and storing all information in one central database.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport – We are proud to have the 4th largest airport in the country, and the 10th largest in the world, as our customer. DFW uses Veoci to conduct Part 139 and daily inspections, manage, map and query work orders, prepare for FAA inspections, create checklists of duties for each staff member, create automatic reminders for staff members, map wildlife on our interactive maps, conduct wildlife reports, and push them to the National Wildlife Database, and integrate with the Digital NOTAM System to access logged NOTAM’s.
- Port of Portland – The Port of Portland is the port district responsible for overseeing Portland International Airport, Hillsboro Airport and Troutdale Airport. Veoci will help the three airports digitize their Part 139 Operations inspections, Part 139 work order management, wildlife management, operations and daily activity logs, dashboards to organize all information and integration with a number of other systems for weather and flight tracking.
As we continue to work on an Agile development cycle, releasing a new version of our software every two weeks, we are constantly adding, adjusting and improving. Our development team has completed 3,846 tickets this year. Here are some of our, and our customer’s, favorites.
- Access recent rooms masthead menu: In Veoci’s masthead menu, you can now select “Rooms” for a drop down menu of all recently visited rooms for quicker access to rooms and side rooms (pictured).
- Bookmark rooms: You can now bookmark specific rooms and side rooms and see bookmarked rooms on your home page.
- Colorblindness friendly palettes: Thread colors can be chosen or adjusted to be distinguishable by those who are colorblind. We have also added other accessibility improvements related to Section 508 compliance.
- New Cockpit View: Our Cockpit view has been redesigned to make navigation more intuitive and consistent with Veoci’s other room views.
- Several enhanced Check in/Notification features: New wizard for sending notifications, voice recording added, customized messages for voice, email and text delivery, and more!
Maps and Dashboards
- Custom Icons: Custom icons can be uploaded for map (pictured).
- Preset Map Shapes: Regular polygons like circles, squares can be added as map areas.
- More Dashboard tile control: Users now have increased control over dashboard tile appearance and behavior (size, refresh frequency). Users can also add a Calendar tile or an Alerts tile.
Workflows, Forms and Tasks
- Improved Form performance: Form engines overhauled for increased performance.
- Cardwall View: Drag and drop cardwall view available for forms.
Mobile App Enhancements
- Links in Veoci emails will open in the Veoci App
- Check-in/notification creation
- Push notifications: For mentions, check-ins, tasks and workflow assignments, etc.
- Private messages now on mobile
- New Single Sign On (SSO) methods supported for logging in: SAML 2.0, Shibboleth (pictured).
- Self-service scheduled/recurring custom actions
- Security/Infrastructure improvements
- Numerous infrastructure improvements relating to data encryption and system security
- Enhanced disaster recovery processes
What is equally important to us as acquiring new customers is keeping our current customers happy as they explore new solutions on our platform and continue to grow and move forward. Our solutions team works around the clock to help our customers implement their dream solutions. United Airlines has now fully deployed for all Emergency Management solutions and are beginning to use Veoci for Business Continuity. Many of our other customers, including Lake County, IL, Lansing Board of Water and Light and our LA Municipal customers, continue to find more value with Veoci as they expand their number of users and take Veoci from solely an Emergency Management tool to an everyday operations assistant. Palo Alto, CA continues to pioneer an amazing solution for tracking and managing their Emergency Services Volunteers and CERT teams.
We find it important to attend major events in our field, not only to exhibit our product to potential customers but to meet and spend time with current customers and immerse ourselves in what new products and technologies have to offer.
- Trade Shows: From our first time at the International Air Safety Summit in Dubai, to revisiting some favorites like the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) in Houston and the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) in Savannah, feedback relayed back to New Haven has been nothing but positive.
- Urban Shield: Veoci is proud to have participated in an event as valuable as Urban Shield. Urban Shield is a 48-hour, planned training exercise that began in 2007 for regional fire departments, medical services and local, state, federal and international first responder and law enforcement teams to prepare for and provide a unified response to disasters. Four medical checkpoints were assembled, fully equipped with volunteers, doctors, nurses, and all necessary medical supplies. The Veoci team trained volunteers on how to enter heart rate, breathing, blood pressure and other medical information into Veoci where volunteers at the next checkpoint can access it by simply scanning the patient’s badge, making it better prepared for the arrival of the next team. Click here to read more about our participation in Urban Shield.
As you can see, we’ve had a busy year. With each new sale, renewal, product enhancement or event we attend, we continue to round out our product, ensuring that it is the best tool to aid airports, airlines, universities, hospitals, healthcare systems, enterprises and governments in their preparation for, response to and recovery from emergencies. Although our development team’s work is complex, we aim to deliver a simple and intuitive product for our customers to turn to not only in times of crisis but every day, making their tasks and duties simple as well. We commend and respect the work that our customers do in ensuring safety and we will continue to meet and help many great people accomplish great things in the coming year.